We had our 2nd meeting of 2021 today and it was inspirational and fun. Here are some show and tell screen captures from the travelling quilt blocks. Start creating now to be prepared for April. Please make a fabric postcard using a technique that you have wanted to learn and miniaturize it, or go online and find a tutorial. Both Barb and Debbie had postcards to show so it is time for the rest of us to take this as motivation to do the same! Barb followed a tutorial at http://saroy.net. Next month, Charlene will be presenting on QuiltCon2021 at our meeting on March 28th.
At this February meeting, several of us presented on Fresh Living episodes on the MQG website. We all get access to these fantastic videos and great teachers as a benefit of membership so it was nice to be motivated to go find one to share. It seems like our interests are similar at this time because 6 of us (3 duplicates) had picked the same episodes. So here is a shout out to some of those episodes we discussed:
- Episode 103 – Curves and strips with Jen Carlton-Bailly – We loved the glue basting and curves and the suggestion for the 28 mm cutter for curves
- Episode 109 – Scraps and pieces with Shannon Brinkley – She makes interesting designs with small scraps of fabrics
- Episode 109 – Paper piecing with Elizabeth Dackson – She showed this with templates
- Episode 201 – Applique with Anna Maria Horner – This shows how piecing and applique techniques can be combined
- Episode 301 – Ebony Love uses negative space in a kaleidoscope block
An as another suggestion, Nancy suggested we checkout the Saskatoon Public Library for quilt books. They have a great selection and you can put a hold on these if they are out or at another branch. Happy sewing until next meeting.