We took a break from monthly meetings in July and August. We hope that you have enjoyed some rest, relaxation, and quilting this summer! Here’s some information in preparation for the fall!
Name Tag Challenge
Last spring, we challenged members to make a name tag. The big reveal will take place at our September 22 meeting (2 to 4 p.m. at the Sobey’s in Stonebridge). Only one rule for these – put your name on it. The name tag can be any size, style, colour, shape, and material. Below are few images and links to get your creative juices flowing!
Charity Quilt Challenge
At the last meeting, we spent some time discussing the MQG Charity Quilt Challenge for 2020. The theme is text and the palette is white, grey, and black. Specific details for the challenge are at the link above on the MQG website. We mulled the idea of making a YXE quilt with blocks made from our own fabric stash and are open to other ideas too. However, this can’t happen without a volunteer to coordinate this project. If you are a member and interested in coordinating this challenge for the guild, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- September 22 Regular Meeting 2 – 4 p.m. @ Sobeys Stonebridge
- Education: Using paint sticks on quilts by Karen
- October 25 and 26 Saskatoon Quilters Guild Quilt Show @ Prairieland Park
- Be sure to get your entry forms in by August 26
- October 27 Sew Day 10 a.m. – 8 p.m. @ Home Inn & Suites
- Meeting at 2 p.m. featuring a Trunk Show from Hanna Farquharson an Independent Modern Quilt Guild member from Saltcoats, SK who has had her quilts in shows across the globe, including QuiltCon, Quilt Canada, and the Festival of Quilts. Non-members are welcome to join us for the day at a cost of $10.